2024-08-13

Garden Peak : 2024-08

Garden Peak
13 August 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
15 x 29.75 in (38.1 x 75.6 cm)


For the Kroger Project, the company requested that I add more elements that represent Colorado Springs. Pikes Peak was a must-have, but I also included Garden of the Gods and the Air Force Academy, as they are quite recognizable. To avoid making the mural too cluttered, I incorporated these elements 'just enough'. Additionally, I added some jets to reflect the significant military presence in the Springs and because they’re pretty awesome.

This was the original piece I used as my canvas. The wood grain is more pronounced than I thought. In other words, the paint didn't cover as much as I had hoped.

A gif showing two days passing. Since this was a request for an updated sketch, I didn't want to sit on it too long. Sometimes the pressure (or less time) seems to work well for me. The first think I added was the black border which was to set the correct proportions (1x3) for the mural. The four sketches (including this one) are in Sketches, Evolved and General.

- mm -

No comments: