2025-10-24

Cadence : 2025-10

Cadence
24 October 2025
Acrylic on hardboard
14 x 11 inches (35.6 x 27.9 cm)


Cadence is on display in the online gallery, Exhibizone Grand Prize 2026
07 Aug 2026 To 07 Oct 2026

This painting is in the essence of Blue Dance and Pulse, but with more structure and deliberateness. There is also inspiration from a painting I saw about nine years prior - Voices of Silence by Jimmy Ernst. It's in my post, Montgomery : 2016-02, but I didn't realize until making this post that it was only part of the full painting. I love the brighter colors and semi-defined shapes. I also had fun with the background which gives a nice stone feel. This work comes with a bit of a dilemma. It was painted with the intent of using a mat to accent the colors. The dilemma is how to display it.

This is the dilemma in picture form. The mat does exactly what I wanted it to do, but the
painting is the painting. It is currently arranged as shown in the center and I added glass.

Back to Miscellany Art | Home | Musket Art
- mm -

No comments: