2026-07-26

Friends - Family - Flying : 2026-07

I had some days off which were aligned with a planned get-together of some friends in Oshkosh. Fortunately, another friend let me use his A36 so I could fly direct. Yeah, it's a lot of flying for a short visit but that's not a good reason to miss seeing people I hadn't seen in years. People that are important to me. It ended up being a fantastic trip! Saw the friends, saw Oshkosh (only my second time) during America's 250th year, met my brother on the return flight and played my first pickleball. Even the temperatures were great in Wisconsin.

The group of us in front of a well-painted F-15. I repeated the picture (above right)
because it was the only picture I took the entire weekend. That's pretty lame.

On the flight out, I stopped at Arthur N. Neu Airport in Carroll, Iowa. I didn't take any pictures, but there was an A-7 on display (above left), the weather was really great - overcast and in high 60s. There were even some Air Tractors flying around. I landed in KFLD in Fond du Lac for the stay which was much simpler than landing KOSH. On the way back, I dropped into Eppley Field (KOMA) in Omaha. I had a great lunch with my brother even though the heat was quite miserable. I'm so glad I went instead of taking the lazy road of not travelling to visit.

- mm -

No comments: