Sliders
27 July 2026
Acrylic on hardboard
24 x 18 in (61 x 45.7 cm)
I had a painting which I made for a call-for-art but realized I misinterpreted the theme. That turned out quite alright since it wasn't very good. I didn't even post it, but you can see it in the gif below. I wanted to practice some trees by making them more abstract and with less detail. I think the end result is much better than what was on the hardboard. The title is pretty simple on the surface - cows on a rather steep hill (with the potential to slide) and can be made into future sliders. However, the sliding idea came from the original painting which was "Greaser" - for a nice landing. I think Sliders is a great title.
This gif shows the transformation - quite a different end result. The painting sat for over a month because that call-for-art had passed and I was working on other things. When I got back to using the surface, it was a couple of days.
This is the frame currently holding Sliders. I made this frame about two years prior to this. The gold trim was primarily a test to see if I could add a trim. I think it works as it pairs with the field, but like all my frames, they're easily removed.
- mm -





No comments:
Post a Comment