Dirtfarm
30 September 26 (22 August 2026)
Acrylic on canvas
24 x 18 in (61 x 45.7 cm)
UPDATE 30 SEP 26: I felt like I had lost a lot of emotion in the sky and it wasn't sitting with me that well. I readdressed the painting to emphasize some light and the overall feeling of a dirtfarm.
ORIGINAL POST: I painted this with no planned outcome. I originally had four streaks of green which I turned into some sort of plant life. I painted in the bird next to them. I like birds and I like crows, and I was pleased with the made-up plants. You can see that combination in the first frame of the gif. I did my best to keep them in but as you can see in later stages, something wasn't clicking for me. The earlier sky was better (in my eyes) but when I made the clouds more distinct, I think I lost much of the feel. I might go back and add some rose to the sky and/or add another made up stock. For now, I'm calling it complete. This was painted on a blank canvas so there's no physical history to the title. At one stage, it looked windier and dustier so I was thinking dust bowl. I went with Dirtfarm instead.
A gif showing some stages. It sat for a couple days then about a day's worth of work.
The second gif starts 24 days later and gets to a darker overall image.
This is the frame currently holding Dirtfarm. It's a repurposed frame and I may or may not keep it.
If I make another, it would look very much like the Blushcreek frame.
- mm -






No comments:
Post a Comment