2026-08-14

Blushcreek : 2026-08

Blushcreek
14 August 2026
Acrylic on canvas
20 x 16 in (50.8 x 40.6 cm)


This was a painting to experiment with light and lighting - trying to get that pop the sunlight gives when peeking through clouds. I was pretty please with it but then added a rather bold streak of rose. That addition was in a moment of some frustration. However, I thought it made a pretty interesting backlight so I kept it in. I might have overworked the upper blue a bit but think it adds some vagueness vice clarity. I was also please with leaving the terrain as is instead of overpainting it. There is no physical history to this painting so the title is stand alone. Blush is a nod to the color but also to the feeling certain skies can invoke.

This is the frame currently holding Blushcreek. I made it from pressure-treated redwood-tone southern yellow pine, and used the same recess and spacing in most of my recent frames.

- mm -

No comments: