2026-09-04

Hyland : 2026-09

Hyland
04 September 2026
Acrylic on hardboard
14 x 11 inches (35.6 x 27.9 cm)


This was painted with no particular plan or purpose, although the purpose could be to 1) use some remaining pieces of salvaged hardboard and 2) possibly include it in an upcoming show of about 10-12 pieces. It's a neat opportunity - it's just my work and in a real estate office downtown CO Springs. The big concept behind this was a night scene with some form of clouds inspired by recent flights into the night. I should have taken stage shots because the clouds really morphed - which I like. It seems to go better if I drop inhibitions and let the brush make bolder strokes. I particularly like how the terrain turned out, too. That sometimes gives me the fits. The title comes from HYLND (pronounced Hyland) which is a departure out of Boston. An arrival would have probably been more appropriate, but Hyland sounds good.

This is the frame currently holding Hyland. I think the color works, but it's a bit glossy.
I will likely make a simple, narrower black frame.

- mm -

No comments: