2017-11-25

Seattle Birthday | 2017-11

I spent my 2017 birthday and Thanksgiving in Seattle (Bremerton to be more precise).  It was a good trip and the weather and scenery was exactly what I expected.  Which was great.

IHOP Birthday Breakfast...it was delicious.  This is the menu with a shelf elf sitting on it. 

We visited Poulsbo, WA, which due to it's Scandinavian immigrants, is like a little Norway.  Above is shot of a very simple and in its own right a beautiful outboard engine.  It is a 1937 Johnson Model 210 with a whopping 3.3 HP.  There were several nice galleries in the town and I could've taken dozens of pictures but I took one.  The shot above right.  It is a style of watercolor I've always appreciated.  This one is by John Adams.

Seattle's climate is probably the most perfect for moss.  Here are some great additions to the Secret World of Moss.

I love the shot above.  The 'boulders' are just the edge of a road and no more than a 1/4 inch wide. 
These are cool because they invoke a significant climb even though that climb is only a few inches. Also, the pic on the right was amazingly close to an earlier memory from Japan.  See it here.

As far as birthday presents, I scored pretty well.  I received a great book on Jimmy Ernst (saw a great pic of his in Montgomery) and a cool jigsaw puzzle cut in wood with an image of a Mustang.  And as you can see, i was able to put it together even with all that sky.


This is a side commentary...nothing about my visit or birthday.  The aquarium in Seattle is very nice, but check out the prices below.  Seriously?  Yes, it's Seattle but come on, it's an aquarium.  And by the way, after touching stuff in the hands-on pool, the only way to clean your hands is with sanitizer.  No paper towels or water, just sanitizer.  Maybe the ticket price needs to increase.  The other ticket is just for memorabilia - its the ticket for the ferry.  The ferry was nice.

- mm -

No comments: