2023-01-09

West Bales : 2023-01

West Bales
08 JAN 23
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (41 x 51 cm)

These round bales are in the field on the west end of the acreage.  Objective with his painting was to 1) repurpose a canvas, 2) relax on the detail and 3) go heavier on the paint.

I bought a few canvases at Goodwill for $2 each and it was pretty obvious they were from a painting event - like Paint Nite.  I thought they'd be a great way to get cheaper canvas but also remove some mental blocks.  It seems much easier to paint over something rather than staring at a blank white space. Per my usual, I failed to take a picture of the original painting.  I added the sky and the prairie, but left the original hills.  The biggest difference between the two shots above are the addition of another sky coat and some light clouds.  I really like the shot on the left and think I might make a similar painting.

This was the last shot before adding some more clouds and foliage.  You miss the addition of the bales and the development of the hills because when I get in the groove I start to neglect taking pictures.  I am getting better - am trying to get better.

The painting in a simple black frame.

- mm -

No comments: