2023-02-14

Sunflower Study 02 : 2023-02

Sunflower Study 02
14 February 2023
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (41 x 51 cm)

This was a repurpose canvas - likely from a painting event. Let's call it Evening Street. As per my unusual, I started the background with paint lingering on my brush from another project. It's a great way to not waste paint. I like the red/green - I need to come up with a painting that uses a background like this.

Originally, I tried to paint a face which turned out to be an epic failure. So I did some more 'brush cleaning' and made the white/black abstract mess. Then I painted over with a red, made-up flower (not shown). That made me think of practicing another sunflower since I plan on leading a painting even of my own.

Shots of the painting in its hand-made frame.

- mm -

No comments: