2023-03-10

Cliffs of Rena : 2023-03

Cliffs of Rena
07 February 2024 (original 10 March 2023)
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (41 x 51 cm)

The clouds gently roll over the Cliffs of Rena - named after someone special in my life.

FOR SALE -

This was the first version in 2023.

This was another repurposed canvas and was the second one of this light post scene. The other was Sunflower Study 02. I wanted to make a big sky with some cliffs. The idea was solidified when I cleaned off some brushes and the cliffs just kind of showed up.

I played around with different cloud arrangements and finally settled on clouds to the horizon. I also think I liked the cliffs and ground better and should have left them alone. I feel like I do that to myself quite often.

Last version before the final. The cliffs didn't sit right with me and I think they are much better.
The gif picks up at the previous version and shows about 2-3 days of time.

- mm -

No comments: