2023-03-08

Eight Track : 2023-03

Eight Track
08 March 2023
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (41 x 51 cm)

As the tape drags over those heads, the sweet music flows. The colors are a bit risqué, but I was happy how they softened up to get that retro look. It looks like it could've been painted in 1948. I like dabbling in abstract, but obviously I still need a lot of work.

This was a repurposed canvas - Green Eggs Black Bird - likely from a painting event. I was going to paint a cityscape but as I was covering the original painting, I changed course. I was messing around with palette knives and kind of made a mess. I decided to go abstract and see where it took me.

I was getting frustrated and it still felt like a mess. I liked the white heads and how the tape draped, but the biggest thing that saved it for me were the larger areas of solid color. It helped clean up the 'mess'. The funny thing about abstract art is you like it or you don't. But an even funnier thing is, if you're famous, it quickly becomes 'better'. Maybe someday.

I made this frame and think the color of the wood is a perfect match.

- mm -

No comments: