2023-07-10

Ancient Friend : 2023-07

Ancient Friend, 2023
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (40.64 x 50.8 cm)

A couple walk up a hill to visit their old, old friend.

This is a repurposed canvas - we'll call it "Peonies" and it was painted by "GRD". If you donate/sell it - I'm more than happy to paint over it. The idea for this painting was from Twitter no less. I think it was Prehistoric Creatures and it was a montage of purported giant creatures. It was pretty hard for me to paint a gray sky - it's not even gray, but it's not blue and I'm happy with it.

Here is a gif of the photos I took along the way. I think it was going to be a dandelion study which is pretty evident it the fifth frame. The gif shows about 15 days passing. I was going to stop with the sky and ground and call it an abstract. That would've taken the pressure off making the ancient friend and visitors - glad I continued.

I'm kind of hooked on the gifs showing the progression. It helps me take more pictures.

Pictures in its frame which I made of barn wood from Nebraska.

- mm -

No comments: