2023-07-12

Dandelion : 2023-07

Dandelion, 2023
Acrylic on canvas panel
8 x 10 inches (20.3 x 25.4 cm)

Weed or not, even a dandelion can be beautiful in its own way.
When I see their tenacity and detail, I cannot help but think of their Maker.

This was a repurposed canvas panel. The original is below on the far left.  I called it Stripes.  Kimberly had given me a cool frame and we picked up this panel as the size was correct.  I had been thinking about dandelions (see Ancient Friend) so I continued with that idea.  The pictures of the paintings stages are pretty sparse.  Once I had decided on the dandelion, the final application was pretty quick.

The texture of the paint in the original was pretty thick, but I made no effort to minimize it.

The final mod before applying the dandelion, and the nice frame Kimberly gave me.  I actually had to trim the canvas panel a bit in height, but it was much easier than I thought it'd be.  You can do it with a razor and a straightedge.  Below shows the changes - although sparse.


- mm -

No comments: