2023-07-09

Sailboat : 2023-07

Sailboat, 2023
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 inches (40.64 x 50.8 cm)

The sailboat hides behind the industrial shadow.

This was a repurposed canvas and the original painting was a sailboat - that's the real story behind the title. However, the towers of this building somewhat resemble a sailboat. I love the gray/blue that covers the sky. It was fun to paint over the existing sky. When there's something already on the canvas, there is no pressure of making a 'mistake'. The spheres remind us it's probably not earth - and I like spheres.

I totally neglected to take a picture of the original canvas which essentially ruins the story line.
But, here are the images I did take; including a gif of the progress.



This is a the frame I made for Sailboat - black and very simple.

- mm -

No comments: