2023-07-24

Rooster : 2023-07

Rooster, 24 July 2023
Acrylic on board
9.75 x 11.75 inches (24.7 x 29.8cm)

A local gallery was having a call for art titled, "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" and I wanted to use a couple of frames I had available. Roosters are kind of cool and you can make them look rather dramatic so I thought that would be a good subject. And it's my first painting on board. I had some thin, nice plywood and with board you can cut to to size. That makes fitting a frame much easier. Since I hadn't painted on board, I did my best to not over think - I was quite happy with the results.

A gif showing the progress - about eight days had passed.

This was the frame I wanted to use - actually, it's the backup frame.
Since I had already cut the board, I made the wooded mat.

- mm -

No comments: