2023-07-31

Purple Rew : 2023-07

Purple Rew, 31 July 2023
Acrylic on board
3.5 x 7 in (8.9 x 17.8 cm)

This bird knows he's a looker - especially with that comb.

I had an art show in a parking lot and the host was having another call for work, "Miniature and Massive". I have some larger paintings I can submit, but don't have many small pieces. The stipulation is they can't be larger than 25 square inches. Luckily that doesn't include the frame because it's not very much area. Also from the same merchant, I was given some framing material which is also small.  It was enough to wrap around a small painting so I cut a board to fit and made my first piece for the "Miniature" call for art. Birds are fun to make up as you go.

A shot of it on my wall. A plant or something for reference would've looked good.

A close up of the frame. Normally, this is a trim that goes on the inside of a frame to accent
the picture. I just flipped it around and made the frame. I think it worked pretty well.

Here's a gif showing the progress. There are a couple of
birds in there which I like just as much as the finished piece.

- mm -

No comments: