2023-07-28

Long Ride : 2023-07

Long Ride, 28 July 2023
Acrylic on board
13 x 21 inches (33.0 x 53.3 cm)

Sometimes we just need to take a break.


A local gallery was having a call for art titled, "Animal, Vegetable, Mineral" and I wanted to use a couple of frames I had available. The other painting was Rooster. People like horses and I wanted to paint one that made the viewer think. This was on board and I cut the board to fit a frame I was given at a parking lot art showing. This was my second painting on board and I'm really starting to dig it. It's a great surface and the ability to cut it to any frame is such a nice feature. You can see in the gif below there was a lot of red as I started the painting. It was a mix of magenta which I used for another call for art (Magenta Shade and Buttons). I kept just a smidgen of the red by the horses mouth. Is the horse tired? Has he passed on? Is he wild? Is the owner nearby, and if so, is he waiting for the inevitable or possibly getting some water? I was quite happy with this painting.

A gif showing the progress - about four days had elapsed.

Long Ride in the frame it was made to fit.

Long Ride adorning the wall. 

- mm -

No comments: