2024-01-17

Butterflies : 2024-01

BUTTERFLIES
17 January 2024
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 in (40.6 x 50.8 cm)
FOR SALE -

I wanted to paint a darker image and saw a cool scene in a movie with a man on a cliff. I thought that'd be a good start.  Personally, I love the feeling of standing on a edge/cliff where the wind can hit you without obstruction. I will say, however, the older I get (or maybe always) I like it a lot better when there's a railing or if you fall, you don't fall very far. The clouds were fun, then frustrating, but the process was a good reminder that things will work out, or change altogether.  It's kind of the 'happy accidents' philosophy of Bob Ross.

Gif showing the progress. Had the canvas for about four months.
Actively painted on it for two days.

I wanted to try putting the canvas forward on a frame - I liked the result.

- mm -

No comments: