2024-01-18

Hero Field : 2024-01

Hero Field
18 January 2024
Acrylic on board
12 x 16 in (30.5 x 40.6 cm)

I found another board just like the one used in Pikes Hero - which I thought was kind of amazing. There are very nice surfaces - not sure of their longevity - but solid. They also come 'self-framed' if you like the style of art pushed away from the wall but with no actual frame. I wanted to work on a sky with some pink/orange. I was pretty happy with the outcome but was undecided on the foreground. Bales can make a nice contrast in an open field. It shouldn't've been the case, but they were trickier than I expected.

Gif of the progress. Had the board for about two months.  The painting (the gif)
covered about seven days. This doesn't have a frame as it's in a box shape.

- mm -

No comments: