2024-02-12

King 62 : 2024-02

King 62
12 February 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
9.75 x 11.75 inches (24.7 x 29.8cm)


This was another attempt (and I think better) at a kingfisher in 60-strokes. It was for a gallery's call for art. King Sixty was the first attempt, and Steampunk SP was my second (first with a different subject). I think this kingfisher is much better than the first. I was also please with the background. That counts as a stroke (to me) and it's hard to keep the brush on the panel that long. Having practiced a few things with limited strokes seemed to help me envision and plan better for later pieces. Even if this isn't accepted into the show, the limited strokes are a great exercise for me. They help me let go of trying to control detail. 

I prefer actual wood, but had a panel of hardwood so I gave it a try.
Because I was entering this in a contest, I had to knock out a frame very quickly.
I went with a pearl black and bronze mix of Artecho acrylic.

- mm -

No comments: