2024-02-13

Part Buttercup : 2024-02

Part Buttercup
13 February 2024
Acrylic on particle board
11 x 14 in (27.9 x 35.6 cm)


This was the fourth attempt (first flower) at a painting in 60 strokes or less. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first think I painted on particleboard. It actually makes a pretty good texture and I don't expect it to bubble and/or warp since the amount of paint wasn't really enough to soak it for an extended period of time. If I wasn't limited to strokes, I'm certain I would have put more detail into the work. However, as I mentioned before, this is a great exercise of being forced to stop and accepting what you get. It's also a great exercise in planning the work in my head.

This was the particleboard before paint and I had a strip of trim which made a nice frame.

- mm -

No comments: