2024-02-01

Purple Pilgrims 2 : 2024-02

Purple Pilgrims 2
01 February 2024
Acrylic on canvas
24 x 30 in (60.9 x 76.2 cm)

The pilgrims make their long trek to a better place.

I have been wanting to make another Purple Pilgrims (the original was in 1995) for quite some time. This painting was originally supposed to be a self-portrait of me praying.  That was nothing but frustrating so I went with a another Purple Pilgrims about 29 years later. There are things I like and don't like about this version, but happy with it overall. I wanted the pilgrims to be small in contrast to their surroundings, but I think they could have been a bit larger. 

Gif showing the progress. The first paint was put on a year prior.
After switching gears, about three days.

Purple Pilgrims 2 in a unembellished frame.

- mm -

No comments: