2024-02-01

Migration : 2024-02

Migration
01 February 2024
Acrylic on wood
12.4 x 14 in (31.5 x 35.6 cm)
- FOR SALE

This painting also started with a frame - at least its size did. The frame had a nice mat built in so I grabbed for future use. It held a print Saint Matthew and the Angel by Guido Reni circa 1635 (shown below). I made a board of slats which are glued together. I hope that endures the test of time. The big plant is similar to something I've seen before. It's like a kniphofia, but less showy. If I see it again, I'll try to update this post. The thistles were initial a practice run for Thistle Heart. I liked the randomness of it and the rock-like terrain. I threw a sky in and was quite pleased with it.

The gif shows the steps, although many pictures were missed between the last two frames.
The board was made one month before painting. The painting was over three days.

This was the print in the frame.
Reni's St. Matthew and the Angel.

- mm -

No comments: