2026-08-09

Aridity : 2026-08

Aridity
09 August 2026
Acrylic on canvas
18 x 24 in (45.7 x 61 cm)


This was a painting over Slider and its frame was given to Dilata. Slider was good practice for humans, but it was painted for a themed call-for-art and meant very little to me. Meant even less to any buyers. I've had people tell me not to paint over things, but it's a good exercise in remaining unattached to 'things'. And, if this piece gets famous, no x-ray will be required. I liked the original figure on white in the orange area. Not in the gif, I added a figure in the green and it looked like a dance or ritual between two figures. Then I rotated it and was going to make an abstract rider on a fast-moving horse. Then I saw crazy weather clouds you'd probably never see elsewhere so I kept them. Because they're reddish orange, and because it's been a rough summer, I called it Aridity. I didn't have a cleaver tie-in to the Slider, but to be honest, I didn't give it much thought because Aridity was a good fit.

A gif showing the departure from Slider to Aridity - 1187 days had passed. It's amazing how long something can sit in a place, in a house. I think this was a good repurpose of Slider.

This is the frame currently holding Aridity - I made it from a 2x4 that was stealing space
in my garage. I thought paint might be needed, but it cleaned up pretty nicely,

- mm -

No comments: