2026-09-14

Frosting : 2026-09

Frosting
14 September 2026
Acrylic on poly-cotton canvas
20 x 16 inches (50.8 x 40.6 cm)


I had two quasi-objectives with this painting. The first was to repurpose a painting that was dead in the water. The second was to go with non-traditional and bold colors. The painting whose life had passed was Cake Crest. It was for a very specific call-for-art and didn't sell. Even the new version might not be a keeper, but I was pretty happy with the color choices and use of light. I tried a few versions of the sky. Was looking for a bit more of a fade, but didn't want to lose the contrast with the clouds. The title comes from the previous painting and maintaining some material history from the previous painting. Both paintings were over a piece of wall art with a list of adjectives. I called it Flattery which could have worked since the clouds flatter the sky, but they also look like delicious frosting.

On the left is Cake Crest - the repurposed painting.
The 'frame' currently holding Frosting is a 1.5" inch gallery wrap.

- mm -

No comments: