2024-02-23

Guardian Verdict : 2023-02

Guardian Verdict
23 February 2024
Acrylic on canvas
16 x 20 in (40.6 x 50.8 cm)

- SOLD -

This was the last painting I did for the 60-stroke gallery event. I wanted to do another person but it was the day of the deadline...so I painted this that morning. The 60-stroke limit was a great exercise. Having the additional time constraint was another good exercise. The above picture is before I added the light/shadow behind the guardian, however, it's a much better picture. I forgot to take the final picture in the same light and it turned out pretty rough (it's below). This was also the first painting I've done on a black canvas - a canvas that started black. That was pretty cool. In the end, I had five 60-stroke paintings but could only submit three. The three were this one, Steampunk SP and King 62. Those left out were King Sixty and Part Buttercup.

I tried to keep up with the strokes for the gif, but have found that almost impossible.
The time elapsed was about an hour-ish. On the right is the final but in bad lighting.

UPDATE 08 MAR 24...
This was the first piece I had sold at this particular gallery so I took a shot of the red dot.

- mm -

No comments: