2024-05-22

Dehydrated : 2024-05

Dehydrated
22 May 2024
Acrylic on hardboard
13 x 39 in (33.0 x 99.1 cm)

So much impractical water.


I wanted to make an entry for a call-for-art entitled CHARTING WATERS to enter along with Orange Land and Sixth Day. I was also entertaining Butterflies, but I think I'll stick with the first three. I also wanted to use a piece of panel rescued from a discarded dollhouse. I think it was one of the sides and it's actually two pieces of hardboard separated by some cardboard honeycomb - pretty cool. I also stumbled across a can of valspar eggshell primer. It covers great and in this case, makes a perfect sky color. I think I'll be revisiting that can quite often. For the painting itself, I wanted to focus on the water but add a human element. The irony, of course, is he's slowly fading away all the while being surrounded by water.

The gif with timestamps. It's the second time I've done that, and I'm digging the timestamps.

Dehydrated in its custom frame.

A close up of the honeycomb structure - because it's cool. It's hidden by the frame.

- mm -

No comments: