2023-08-24

God's Gold : 2023-08

God's Gold
24 August 2023
Acrylic on board
2.75 x 8.75 in (6.9 x 22.2 cm)

Only God can make the colors we see.

This was the final piece for a size-limited call for art. It's a juried show which is a great way to get feedback.  It was submitted with Purple Rew, Kimberbug, Chief Goliath and Wild White. Similar to the others, we had a frame to use and it was small enough. And, once again, cutting board to fit has turned into a bit of a deal for me. It's a great surface and fitting a frame is not an issue. This was a pretty ornate frame so I wanted to do it justice. I had already done three animals and a flower so I thought a landscape would fill the frame nicely.

This is the original setup - with a white mat. I thought it drowned out the
landscape and the transition to the frame.

The final version with a dark mauve/maroon/burgundy mat. I thought this
helped the painting pop while still matching some of the frame color. 

- mm -

No comments: